Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Qty :Out Of Stock
Fresh turmeric rhizomes (often called roots) look similar to ginger, a close relative. Like ginger, fresh rhizomes have a livelier flavor than dried. Turmeric's bright orange flesh is earthy, peppery, and slightly bitter. Depending on how tender or mature the it is, you may want to scrape off the peel before using it. Like ginger, turmeric may be cut into coins, matchsticks, or cubes; grated with a microplane or cheese grater; and juiced or thrown into smoothies.
Store fresh turmeric in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or airtight container for a week or two, or freeze it for several months.
For a quick guide to how fresh turmeric tastes, benefits of using it , how you can store it, prepare it and add it to your dishes :
Appearance : Looks like ginger from the outside, bright orange on the insdie
Flavour : more vibrant than dried turmeric. Tastes warm, earthy and peppery
- Fresh turmeric is more bioavailable - meaning body can use it more readily and effectively.
- Curcumin is the active compound. It is known to be an antioxidant & has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Depending on how tender or mature it is, you may want to scrape off the peel before using.
- Like ginger, it maybe cut into coins, matchsticks, or cubes, grated or even juiced.
- Used in making tea, blended in soups, smoothies, juices, grated into salads, in curry stirfries and in pickles too.
You may also like
- Wash it, shake dry. Then wrap in a towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- Store in open bag in vegetable crisper - will keep for 2-3 weeks.
- If frozen can be kept for several months
- Daily Staples