Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
due to summer heat, few coconuts might have a slight crack.
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm. Coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for more than 4,500 years but recently increased in popularity for their flavor, culinary uses, and potential health benefits.
It’s used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. Coconut meat is tasty and slightly sweet, and you can enjoy it raw or dried.
- The inside a coconut is referred to as the kernel. It has a firm texture and delicious, slightly sweet flavor.
- If you have a whole coconut, you can scrape the raw meat out of the shell and eat it. In its processed form, you’ll usually find it sliced, shaved, or grated.
- and cream are made by pressing the raw, grated meat.
- Flaked or shaved, coconut adds a nice flavor to savory dishes. Its meaty texture and flavor work well in curries, fish stews, rice dishes, or even on breaded shrimp.
- Also used in many sweet dish preparations. It helps add nice texture to the dish.
- Shredded coconut is great for baking and adds a touch of natural sweetness and moisture to cookies, muffins, and quick breads.
- A sprinkle of raw coconut adds some texture and tropical flavor to oatmeal. Stirred into pudding or yogurt, it’s also a delicious.
- is used in baking as a substitute for wheat flour. It’s gluten-free, nut-free, and a popular option for anyone who’s counting carbs.
- Because it’s grain-free, the flour is also good for those on the paleo diet, which does not allow grain products like regular wheat flour.
Much of the fat in coconut is in the form of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). Your body metabolizes MCTs differently than other types of fats, absorbing them directly from your small intestine and rapidly using them for energy.
Coconut is low in carbs and rich in amino acids, healthy fats, and fiber, making it a great choice for blood sugar control.You may also like
- Daily Staples