Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Fresh Leafy Green Vegetables
- Mustard Greens (Rai saag) (200gm) ~ will have few holes on the leaves
Mustard Greens (Rai saag) (200gm) ~ will have few holes on the leaves
Leaves will have holes in them since they are organically grown. Kindly avoid ordering these if you expect mustard greens without any holes
Buy Mustard Leaves in Bangalore
The nutritional content of mustard greens is substantial in addition to their flavour, just like other dark leafy greens. They are simple to include in several healthy diets because they are low in calories, fat, and are a rich source of fibre. Mustard leaves are a fantastic source of thiamine (B1), niacin (B3), pyridoxine, and B vitamins. Shop for mustard leaves online in Bangalore at Healthy Buddha at affordable rates.
Health Benefits of Mustard Leaves
- A variety of potent phytonutrients are present in mustard greens. These plant-based antioxidants shield your cells from stress and harm from the free radicals that develop in our bodies as we age due to the environment and lifestyle choices.
- Additionally, a serving of mustard greens contains a full day's worth of vitamin K. This vitamin aids in blood clotting and heart health. Lack of vitamin K can increase the risk of osteoporosis and improper bone mineralization.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are two antioxidants found in mustard greens. These two nutrients are crucial for healthy eyes and may also fend off age-related vision loss.
- Several health-promoting antioxidants, including beta carotene are present in mustard greens which help preserve your skin and reduce diabetes-related risks.
- Optimal immune system performance is supported by vitamin A found in mustard leaves.
- Studies indicate that lutein may also aid brain tissue; however, more research is needed in this area. Lutein in mustard leaves can support better cognitive function and decrease mental deterioration risk.
Nutrition Facts about Mustard Leaves
Contains in a single cup of raw mustard greens:
- 33 calories
- 3 grams of protein
- 0 grams of fat
- 6 grams of carbohydrates
- 4 grams of fibre
- 0 gram of sugar
Various Methods to Cook Mustard Leaves
- You can increase your intake of these leafy greens by including mustard greens in a chopped salad or by creating a healthy green smoothie.
- Mustard leaves can also be added to soups and stews.
- To make a tasty side dish, roast mustard greens with garlic and seasonings.
- Mustard greens can be balanced in flavour by being stir-fried with healthy fats like fish, vegetable oil, eggs, cheese, and seeds. However, remember that mustard leaves cook quicker than other greens, such as kale and collards. Check our recipe blog to learn tasty and exciting mustard leaves recipes.
How to Store Mustard Leaves?
Wash your greens as soon as you get them from us. Washing greens carefully is necessary since they could be infected with bacteria. Additionally, cooking helps to kill microorganisms. Like other fresh greens, mustard greens should be kept in the refrigerator. Put them in an air-tight container or a plastic bag with a paper towel will help absorb moisture.
Where to Buy Mustard Leaves in Bangalore Online?
You can buy mustard leaves in Bangalore online from Healthy Buddha. We are an online organic store in Bangalore offering direct-from-the-farm home delivery of organically produced fruits, vegetables, groceries, and non-perishables. We are certified organic by NPOP, India. We have our farms and source directly from a handpicked network of organic farmers.
Can mustard leaves be consumed raw?
Mustard greens can be consumed raw or cooked, although the preparation method may change the vegetable's nutritional value. Vitamin C and E decrease when mustard leaves are cooked, whereas amounts of vitamin K, A, and copper increase.
Can mustard leaves be added raw to a salad?
Yes, mustard greens are safe to consume raw with salads or as a side dish. Add ingredients like lemon juice, olive oil, fresh vegetables, seasonal dressing, and eggs to the salad for enhanced flavour and nutritional content.
How much mustard leaves should be eaten in a day?
A portion of leafy greens, such as mustard greens, is one cup when raw and one and a half cups when cooked. The USDA suggests including at least 18 to 21 cups of vegetables in your diet each week.
What is the price of mustard leaves in Bangalore?
The cost of one bunch of mustard leaves online is ₹33. Order fresh mustard leaves online in Bangalore at Healthy Buddha.
What is the shelf life of mustard leaves?
The best place to keep mustard greens is in the refrigerator, sealed in a plastic bag. They should remain edible for three to four days.You may also like
- Organic Cow Ghee
- order fruits online
- buy dry fruits online
- whole wheat bread
- buy millet flour
- fresh vegetables online
- Healthy Snacks Online
- Buy Gardening Tools
- Buy Books Online
- Traditional Utensils Online
- Personal Care Products Online
- Buy Natural Cleaners
- Pooja Essentials
- Button Mushrooms
- Brown Sugar
- Brown Eggs
- Jaggery Powder
- Banana Leaf
- Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- Peanut butter
- Daily Staples