Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Raw bananas or green bananas are widely cultivated in southern India and are in fact used in most Indian cuisines. In Kerala, raw bananas are almost like an unavoidable ingredient. They are used in the form of stir fries and banana chips.
You may also like
- Raw bananas or green bananas are rich in fibre. Foods rich in fibre help in easing the digestion process. Fibre-rich foods are helpful in keeping constipation at bay. Furthermore, fibre is helpful in keeping blood sugar levels under control. Consuming raw bananas regularly can help in controlling cholesterol levels. This helps in keeping heart healthy and reduces incidence of stroke.
- Sugar content in raw bananas is really low and that's why raw bananas are great for diabetes. They have a glycemic index (GI) of less than 55, which is helpful for keeping the digestive system healthy. Foods with less GI prevent in rapid spike in blood sugar levels. Diabetes can in face include raw bananas in their daily diet.
- Raw bananas are specifically rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Raw bananas are rich in fibre. Eating fibrous foods helps you keep full for longer and thus reduce appetite. People on a weight loss regime can include raw bananas in their diet as it curbs hunger and also prevents snacking on unhealthy food.
- Raw bananas are a rich source of potassium. Potassium rich foods are good for health of kidneys. Raw bananas are also great for keeping blood pressure under control.
- Green plantains are storehouse of resistant starch. Resistant starch is the kind of starch which is not completely broken down or absorbed. These starches don't get digested easily. They turn into short chain fatty acids by intestinal bacteria.
- Daily Staples